Thursday 6 October 2011

Iguana video!

I made a video for you!


Everyday I take a walk about 100 m from the library to the boat launch to see these marine iguanas hanging out.  They are really quite cute and aren't afraid of people at all.  Lars said he wants to touch one.  :( Kids!

They just go in and out of the water all day.  I can already predict that they will be heading inland if the weather has just turned warm or the sun is shining brightly.  They will then head back to the water after they have been basking for a while.  It's a routine.

They swim well and it seems that they keep their head above the water most of the time.  They eat a very specific diet of red and green algae that grows on the submerged rocks, so they gotta go down sometime, but I have yet to see them dive.

I saw a swimmer out there today so they are obviously not a threat to people but honestly seeing a little dragon swimming by would freak me out a bit...maybe by December.  If I muster up the courage I will be sure to have someone record it.



See more pic here!

No comments:

Post a Comment